It's a bit amazing, actually, to realize that this all-volunteer membership of the Franklin Township Chamber of Commerce annually accomplishes all that we do:
- Scholarships - the annual $1,000 Jack Peek Memorial College Scholarship, awarded to a deserving Franklin Township college-bound high school student (whether attending FC, Lu-Hi or Roncalli)
- Membership - welcoming our members annually, contact by visit, monthly emails and US mail, developing a list of benefits for those belonging to the Chamber (click here for the current benefit list)
- Business After Hours - quarterly networking opportunity for both the event host and the many attendees - traditionally held on a weekday evening from 5-7p(ish).
- Easter Bunny - a joint project with our Franklin Road Branch public library, this is a wonderful opportunity for families to bring their young ones for a photo op with THE Easter Bunny!
- Old Settler's Day Street Fair Booth - an opportunity for our members to greet the thousands of shoppers and visitors to an annual event in Franklin Township (since the 70's)
- Economic Development - a standing committee with the stated purpose to promote and enhance the business climate in our corner of Indianapolis (more on the Econ Dev Committee page!)
- By-Laws - another standing committee convened regularly to evaluate and update our operational guidelines (most recently updated Fall 2014)
- Directory - a printed listing to promote ALL caring members of the Franklin Township Chamber of Commerce (details here)
- Web Site - the on-line home of our members and community information (like the community calendar, event registration, on-line dues payments, more...)
- FaceBook Page - posting of any and all events and information from our members and fellow Franklin Township non-profits to over 1,300 friends & followers! See it here
- Shop with Scrip - a member-only (mostly) way to smartly pay for your annual member dues AND raise funds for our community without donating that first dime! More here...
- Christmas in Wanamaker - a Holiday 'street fair' if you will, featuring shopping, hot cocoa and warm cinnamon cider, delicious treats, a PARADE, and photos with Santa the first Saturday in December (details here)
- More Photos with Santa - the other joint project with our Franklin Road Branch public library!
- Citizen of the Year - selection of one in our community who has gone FAR above and beyond (only one per year, but not necessarily every year - awardee finalized by the committee of prior CoY's still active in the Chamber)